Whether you are already sending e-newsletters and you want better results, or you have just begun to collect email addresses, we can help. We not only write the newsletter content, we also handle the entire process, from interviewing, research, template selection, formatting, list management, scheduling and sending to reviewing open rates and click-through results and re-assessing your content, subject lines, and overall approach.
Four Reasons To Send E-Newsletters Regularly
How to Get Better Results from Your E-Newsletter
- Assess and analyze your organization from the point of view of your customers or supporters. What makes you special? Why should people care? What kind of unique knowledge and experience does your organization contain that would be of value to your customers or supporters?
- Interview subject matter experts and develop a list of newsletter story topics. Create a list of tips, hints, employees to profile, relevant current events, fun facts, products or services to feature, causes to care about, and successes to celebrate!
- Organize newsletter story topics into newsletters. Keep them a reasonable length, always keeping the subscriber's point of view in mind. Give newsletters a compelling subject title that grabs you immediately.
- Edit, edit, edit. Show your organization to be run by professional, intelligent people. If you only get one e-news service from a professional, make this the one.
- Schedule your e-newsletters to go out regularly. Do not leave this to "whenever it's convenient." Commit to a regular schedule and use Constant Contact (or whatever you use) to schedule the date ahead of time.
- Continually cultivate more subscribers. There are so many ways to generate a higher opt-in rate for subscribers, and many of them are simple, cheap, and quick. This influx of new subscribers keeps your list fresh, and it also keeps you inspired to continue creating useful and relevant content for subscribers.
- Track your numbers and analyze them. You should be keeping track of at least the open rate and the click-through rate. After you analyze your results, it's easy to adjust the newsletter to create the results you want.